Saturday 2 January 2016

"Just write"


So, I'm going to. Not necessarily today or tomorrow. But I want to be more consistent in my writing! I love people who inspire me to aspire to more. Not because they are trying to push me or don't think working with children or mental health is good for me, but because some strongly believe I can create or combine the two, let's say. I have an innate sales/corporate quality/ability. It's in my genes-- I can tell you that for free. I just know they know, and I somewhat know, I'm meant to ask for a rooms attention and not because I want them to listen to me, but because they want to listen- they want to hear me or talk to me and have ME be apart of their journey. I just have no clue what that is yet and that's ok. I have time and opportunity around me.

 I'm learning more and more how important it is to have people like this in your life. Ones that give it to you straight when you need it and always understand the times you "don't need it".#DorothySays It's not so much about having knowledge as it is to understand. 

I know for certain that sometimes in life, even in social situations at any age, it's better to just "understand, than be understood". In other words, rather than trying to prove your sanity, understand that the other person, circumstance, body of people are just not going to get you or it. They can't "accept what is" they'd rather have "what was" or "what might be", wouldn't we all?! It's a hard lesson, especially with family members because, as I've learned you cannot choose your blood, your family. But your family doesn't have to be just your blood anymore, does it? 

I've found people just within this past year who understand me and my times in ways I never thought imaginable. And I am fortunate that I was able to attain this in both professional and personal capacities, and so when I get down on myself or something I tend to forget just how strong those relationships are.  They're wonderful. They're the kind of people who you genuinely are happy walking away from (later rather than earlier) because you're mouth hurts you're so giggly. They let you be you and celebrate your weirdest and best accomplishments, but also disasters. 

They make you feel apart of everything and that's when everything feels a bit better again. I love you all. 

"Just write" -S.M (you got it, boss-babe) 

Good night 
Dorothy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment