Wednesday 27 January 2016

Unexpected Devastation pt.II/ who knows

August 3rd 2010 I got to "choose" a puppy from this litter of German Shepherds, and what I thought would be an impossible decision to make turned out to be super easy. I sat down and this yawning, stretching, black blob of cuteness came slowly walking my way and sat RIGHT in my lap. From that moment I knew I had found my puppy, Dante. To anyone who knows the Rennie Family, we have loved and enjoyed every minute of their endless love, barks, protection and pees on the floor (people question where we let them sit/sleep, but that's just us- they're people too)
 i think it's fair to say that having four dogs for the past 5 years has made my families life 10x better than we ever could have anticipated, they're all so wonderful. Dante, for a while anyways, was always the first to the ball he LOVED to play, but he also loved to cuddle. 

He was very soft prior to getting sick in the way he treated people or people giving him food. Somedays it was laughable how hard he wouldn't try to eat the treat we'd try giving him. 

I've yet to be home an experience life without for real but I will on Friday... 

All I know is that, similar to other losses I wasn't ready for, we/I get through it. It's not easy, but we make due. I had to do what was right and best for him...

  to my baby boy: words cannot express how deeply saddened, devastated and stunned I am that you're gone. I know you're in a better place, free of pain and confusion, but I wish I had one more moment with you like I did with Annie, Korrie, Shooter..the angel pups. Time is never in ones favour during such circumstances, but I'm grateful for the 4 years of absolute joy I had with you. I promise I won't watch Marley and me this time. See you in the light my biggie boy ❤️ 
Ps. You've left Owen with quite the amount of responsibility but I think he'll be ok. Just confused for a bit 

I love you so very deeply 



 #LifeOfDorothy #DorothySays #birthday #andadayofloss #hugyourdogs #RIP #neverforget You were so good looking too. 🎈#loveyou

No comments:

Post a Comment