Friday 22 January 2016

"I PASSED! IM OFFICIALLY, THANKFULLY, FINALLY DONE SCHOOL"

Now, I was asked to keep this between myself and my family, but this where I like to express myself when things happen or don't happen that I want to share with my "readers". Either because I find an important life message, I'm bored, I'm sad, or my brother passes law school and I'm super freakin' PROUD!

This guy. I'm telling you...his middle name is resilience he just doesn't know it yet. Or he does and he remains incredibly humble, almost fearfully humble. However, when he messaged us the other night commenting on his final and how he thinks he was "unsure" the language and structure that he used is the exact way I discuss how my marks are in fear of speaking too soon. But it's the kind that is much more confident than the alternative message or nothing at all. Yes, this is a legitimate fear of a whole lot of people but my eldest brother and I connect emotionally and socially. I do with other brother as well, but this guy and I produce, and at least vocalize our self worth in a destructive manner and are very hard on ourselves. But this time around my gut was telling me otherwise and when receiving that message this morning I broke down.

I remember the day he left and no he has not returned but knowing he can just finally move on, goodness gracious me! I just couldn't express more joy and utter relief for him, my family, but MAINLY FOR GARRETT! YOU DID IT BRO!

3 years ago he started studying for the LSATS and in the midst of his studies he received a phone call-- one that no one our age expects. One of his 3 best friend in Victoria British Columbia had been hospitalized, he was in coma due to heart issues that stemmed from a very young age. Needless to say, it altered his world and I remember my dad asking him if there was any way he could still write the exam in BC...I just looked at him like "seriously? One issue at a time dude." And Randy was a huge influence in my brothers life between his history classes and political debates, pizza eating, football games and I have a feeling he was there with Garrett. Someone was there because heaven forbid the guy didn't get this. It takes BALLS to fly across the world where you know no one, start a demanding program and essentially new life! Wild. He's gotta see how incredible that is...

At least his little sister does. I love my brothers. I dislike them at times but I JUST LOVE EM! And I hear my students say  "I hate my siblings!!"and all I can do is laugh and say just wait...


just wait...They'll be all you have one day.
Love,
Dorothy xo

p.s. I love you Evan and Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment