Friday 1 January 2016

2.0.1.6

Happy New Year! I hope  you and yours had a lovely evening, celebrating or not,  as I know for people like myself I do not make that big of a deal of New Years as I once used to.

I still like to reflect,  to think about new "resolutions" or progresses in my case. As much as sometimes we like to think that because the year is behind us, nothing will follow, it will. However, like yesterday and every year before that it's how we manage the crud that comes our way that really characterizes who we are, how we see ourselves, how we want to be seen, and I was really down this New Years, I'm not going to lie. I cried on and off about things I still am unsure about, but deep down I know there is only one solution for those things: face my fears in whatever capacity that may be...

When I think to 2015 the bravest, or most courageous acts were likely, starting my own business, starting a foreign, yet somewhat familiar path in education, and standing on a stage telling people my life story.

I have accepted that everything happens for a reason and with that said, whatever comes-will be. Rather than trying to constantly think "what should I be doing?" unless its the beginning of my day, I'm going to try my hardest, feel fully and simply payback whatever knowledge or skills I've acquired for the next guy. My family is happy and healthy and that's all I could really ask for!

I start placement in 5 days...I did not think I would get here, but here we are! Enjoy every moment of it!

TO ANOTHER NEW YEARS EVE- SOBER! YA BEEEEEOTCH! AND THE SUN IS OUT!
LOVE,
DOROTHY

No comments:

Post a Comment