Thursday 4 August 2016

You Never Know Who You're going to Reach, So KEEP REACHING.

What I'm about to post or share with you today is very dear to my heart. It's the behind the scenes communication, the acts of kindness and words I offer to those I intuitively feel and know in my heart, to no fault of their own, need some compassion in their life, some understanding, an ear, maybe some direction versus judgment, or silence; even worse- Ignorance. 

For the privacy and respect of my friend I am changing their name to-Jim.

I randomly messaged Jim and his friend, as they own a store near where I live. I loved their shop, especially when I didn't live there so one day I guess I said "why not?" (I'm now realizing this is part of my gift, my gut leads me in particular directions and it's never made sense to me but it does more and more--believe it or not I don't care what you think, remember? My magic.) 

At first Jim and I shared little details like what I did for a living, how we like nature, as I knew what he did-clearly. Within our first conversation he was so supportive and highly regarded what I did, child and youth care counselling. I was so blown away by his reaction, as not many males will sit there and tell you a whole paragraph as to why your role matters. They usually just nod their head like "sure thing". 
But then it hit me, those who can relate to individuals and the work I do likely have a story of their own. I mean we all do, but not everyone is willing to share it, right? I get it. No one is forcing you, ever! You have to feel safe and comfortable-- Trust is a wee bit important.
But more than that you need to feel heard. Not just talking and someone nodding, but that relativity and Jim told me that in his time of trying to talk to people, it was weird that I wanted to continue talking to him (been there), but I wanted to and I'm damn well glad I stuck to that feeling. 

I'm also a bit annoying and this goes for my friends or if I have an inclination somethings the matter, my gut right? 

I'll let him fill in the rest. Just remember: 
STAND SPEAK REACH 
@standspeakreach
Reach out: NEVER STOP REACHING OUT 

I bawled like a baby knowing my persistence finally came in my favour of a life this time around. 
You just never know. You don't. So why not try? 
For the love of god TRY MY FRIENDS! We need more people. 
I'm moving to Woodstock in a week and I don't think there's anywhere else I'd rather go. Since January there's been over 6 youth suicides. There's only 38 000 people....no matter what it takes. Time to help my fellow community 

Be your own hero. 
Dorothy xo 


No comments:

Post a Comment