Monday 8 August 2016

Open For Business


My heart. 

My heart was closed for a long time beginning around 16. I didn't believe in myself, my family, my "friends," I felt very alone and very lost, but you would never have been able to tell. 

It took a long time to repair damage caused by myself and then myself and other relationships. Many I've yet to overcome, but are totally on my sail away ship.

Recently I've come to notice those who I do open my heart to, whether friendly or romantically (though I'm not doing much of that lately) that I've attracted the right people. And it's not just by what they do or how they act but because of who they are. 

More than ever before I've been hanging with people who often say "it feels so good to just be myself!" AND I GET IT CAUSE IM FEELING THE SAME THING! 

My one friend Carly and I are both wild cats. We can't sit still, but were best friends and business partners- WE LOVE IT! 

My most recent experience was last evening when, after waking up from a 4 hour nap, I woke up to a bag at my front door with my name on it. 
Inside: 
Pasta Bolognese (like real Italian mama tomatoes yum fantastico!!!!) 
Chocolate chia cookies 
And a note. 


For my saving grace I don't know what I've done to deserve such kindness. But it brought tears to my eyes...

I used to hardly be able to feed myself and just within recent months I've been back on track. But here I have this pure, genuine, whole hearted human just making me a massive portion because they can and want to. It made me feel so special and so loved. I had to post about it so I can remember this love for a long time... 
Never forget how loved you are and by who. Sometimes they're just below your nose and you don't even know! 
Dorothy xo 
Thanks to my J bird/FireFly

No comments:

Post a Comment