Tuesday 26 July 2016

Community Love & Support

For the young boy in our community of Waterloo who, at the innocent age of 18 months, was tragically killed in a car accident on Sunday evening. 

I knew the family members from my placement and I went by to drop some flowers, wherein I was overwhelmed with joy to see how much love and supper was demonstrated solely through floral arraignments. 

It wasn't until I went back once more did I have the most blessed opportunity to see the family, as they recognized me and invited me in, the mother, though grieving was able to laugh and asked me to sit next to her. I was shown videos of the memorial service and in the corner of my eye-- I saw 2 students who recognized me sprint towards me in relief, excitement and awe. 

Awe that I was there, but more importantly because they needed a "sure thing" to come in and say that things will be ok and eventually their hearts will repair. 

I consider my job a full time job, though what and who I saw today is "ethically" incorrect, I never sought out the students merely wound up in the same complex as this tragedy. Plus, a death warrants as a hug from "their hero" 

My thoughts prayers and condeolences go to this family; I am honoured to have been given the time you did today to talk about your loss and grief 

No comments:

Post a Comment