Saturday 9 July 2016

731 Days ago...

I finally quit drinking alcohol and I've yet to look back. 


This morning I wake up with the most sincere amount of gratitude, pride, joy and overall grateful explosiveness.
It's officially been 731 days since I've had my last sip of alcohol.
For those of you who don't have your sobriety calculators on you (haha it's a thing for us, I love it) I've got you covered:
Years: 2
Days: 731
Hours: 17,548
Minutes: 1,052,925
.....
This year has been friggen wild contrary to last year and it's only the second year/beginning; starting with school and my classmates who I fell in love with (Brittany Fisler Megan Muirhead-Wint Katey Wilgress ...ALL OF YOU) my efforts, drive and becoming a student on the Dean's Honour List, (Who is Dean and Why am I on his list?!?!) my strength and will power to complete my hours and then continue on with that class of 26 kids, an amazing teacher and while I'm there lets add an awesome CYW too (Danielle Leungand Anne Thrall Tracy my goodness am I grateful for you two. There is NO way in hell I would have been able to do this 2 years ago...I could barely make it across the street to Laurier, but i graduated there too.
Miss Universe Canada! I cannot believe I actually did that, but its SO cool to be able to talk about as an experience and be involved in so I want to thankSonny Borrelli for taking that chance on me and introducing me to one of my best friends who I couldn't imagine my life without today Heydita Nina Fuentes, I love you so much Heidi. You make being "single" not so rough.
GRAIL SPRINGS AMABASSADOR! OMG I CANT EVEN. THIS PLACE IS WHAT MADE ME WANT TO BECOME A BETTER HUMAN! THANK YOUGrail Springs Wellness Retreat
Last, but certainly not least.... "I was born sick, but I love it..."
Thank you. Thank you for endless support, encouragement and love. You are my family and I have learned that, that is one thing in this life we cannot choose and frankly I am ok with that, as I wouldn't have it any other way. You're all strange (we're family, duh) but I love the heck out of you all.
Thank you for being there for my family-- my mom-- my ray of light, my best friend, my hero, my sober partner.
That leads me to my last point: I am sober, but so is my mother. It's the most beautiful relationship I've ever had. We have grown together in ways I never imagined. Mom, you have provided unconditional love, words of wisdom, drive up here support and just down right "I'll wear an orange jumpsuit" if I have to...I love you more than you'll ever know and thats FACT. THANK YOU for this gift.
Recovery is the most surreal venture I've ever been on. I was told miraculous things will happen and they were not lying to me! Nothing but miraculous things HAVE HAPPENED. But I've been working it every day. Recovery and sobriety is an every day battle you must be consciously aware of; it's almost like Big Brother-- the moment you think you're safe and clear WATCH OUT!
As a mental health advocate and someone who suffers with depression, anxiety and has a learning exceptionality-- BEST DECISION I EVER MADE and if you are contemplating not drinking, it might be the best decision you'll ever make. Your entire group of friends will change, but that's because you recognize the people who cant comprehend your journey are just not worth it. You will not get invited to events-- even the invite! FORGET ABOUT IT! But you learn that's ok it's not because they don't like you, but you don't drink alcohol why would they invite you? BECAUSE I'D BE TOO MUCH FUN. (you get it) You feel vulnerable, but you can manage those emotions and they aren't overwhelming. I HAVE MONEY.
THIS IS AN ESSAY BUT I DONT CARE! IM SO PROUD!

No comments:

Post a Comment