Monday 29 February 2016

Miss Universe- What A Journey

One night, January 31st, 2016 I decided to randomly apply to Miss Universe Canada because I thought, "I am a responsible young woman with a bold voice and a story that can relate to hundreds of thousands of young women..."

Not thinking a whole lot of it at the time, I am so beyond grateful now. Only a couple weeks in and I've met SO many awesome girls, had a fun photo shoot AND I MET MISS UNIVERSE! YA! Pia Wurtzbach, Miss Philippines! (The beautiful, graceful woman who accepted the crown after Steve Harvey made the mistake of announcing Miss Colombia as the winner...) How humble and down to earth

Thank you SO much, Pia for your courage, words of wisdom and demonstrating that beauty really does come from the inside out. 
Lots of love ,
Dorothy (Colleen Rennie)

lifeofdorothy
I can't say it enough, thank you for making me smile so big today from your presence to your simplistic, yet wise words @piawurtzbach and welcome to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦! It was an honour to hear you speak today and thank you for taking the time to speak to the youth in Toronto about #anti-bullying, as it is very close to my heart- no doubt you'll inspire/influence plenty of youth in that room. Thank you for standing up for those who can or cannot find their voice, as it can be hard. But if we stick together and share our experiences maybe we can shred that stigma and negativity.#SpeakUp#StandUp Use your voice boldly, but gracefully💙 #MissUniverse#PiaWurtzbach #Toronto#MissUniverseCanada #contestant#honoured #February28th2016 #Pia#DorothySays #PiaSays #dontbeabully#bekindtooneanother#IfeelLikeIwonAnOscar #OscarWinner

No comments:

Post a Comment