Thursday 25 February 2016

Diversity Of Thought

Lately I have been trying to #challenge myself to #embrace and #encourage true #diversity of #thought. Not because I've never taken others in to consideration- we all have our opinions, I certainly know that by now- but when #collaborating with a group we all bring such unique, different perspectives and if we tried to welcome differences and change, especially those that seem foreign but is merely a tweak- what would the 🌍 look like? My #MissUniverseCanada girls and I have been discussing lots of ideas for a fundraising event, one of awareness too and one option considered was a cocktail party, which for the record is never a bad idea-I know our #society embraces celebration and fun times with alcohol, TRUSTTTT ME! But just because I don't drink alcohol doesn't mean I'm anti-alcohol, I'm just a lot more informed and with that said I said to my girls "what if we didn't do an event where alcohol was included? The increase of fetal alcohol syndrome and overall romanticizing the way we use alcohol is almost too much"...As I have always said: to each their own. Never ever do I or would I judge other people's life choices, it's hypocritical yes, but more importantly my job in life is not to bring people down, it's to lift them up to see that, despite adversities, "failures," which are really accessed opportunities to grow,  they too can reach their optimal potential whatever that may be! There are NO #limits except the ones we give ourselves. GET OUT THERE AND USE YOUR ⚡️⚡️👑 #inspire #motivate #lovewhatyoudo #LifeOfDorothy #DorothySays #recovery #selfworth #beingme #beyou #beautyqueens #dogood #contribute #community #educateyoself #bekindalways #lovewhatyoudo #dowhatyoulove.  Hair: @slindsey8 💁🏻 Makeup: @tvigneuxhairandmakeup👸🏻 #beauty #pageant #acceptance #bethechange #blogger



No comments:

Post a Comment