Sunday 14 June 2015

Dorothy Rennie... Did it again!

Dorothy (Colleen) Rennie has officially been conferred! Feels like a long time coming, which it was, but it feels nice to finally close the chapter at Laurier. 

I was asked to be in a video for "future students" with advice and what I loved about Laurier...I ended up not doing it, as all my real life lessons came from me. My professors supported me as best they could and I'll always be appreciative of that, but like many other trials in my life I chose to take it the hard way and didn't ask for much assistance. My own doing, but I learned! I learned that in making the decision to go to post secondary school STRAIGHT out of high school (even WITH my year off) was based solely on conforming to those around me. I was told I couldn't write, I graduated with history. 

In September I'm staring my real venture, finally pursuing what I want to, not what I think i should! Having said that, I only learned of this passion because of Laurier so for that, I'm forever grateful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment