Saturday 7 February 2015

"60 Quotes that Will Change The Way You Think" ...Seriously

I stumbled across this website when I randomly decided to search "so people really can change," because, well I just did. It's a Saturday afternoon, I'm spicing things up a bit. Anyways, I came across this website and thought to myself "why not see what every other website tells me," and so I did, but my admiration for these particular points resonated with me more than other articles, which I swear I am particular about. But for my own selfish opinion, that is (hehe)!

You know when you read things and you feel like someone just picked your brain? Ya, that's what happened here. But word for word. Especially lately. And yes, I am sure it is common, universal, everyday jargon, but it is nevertheless important reminders. These are my particular favourites and it was hard to narrow this down, for the record, so sorry if I ruin anything (whatever record that is):
  1. No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
  2. If a person wants to be a part of your life, they will make an obvious effort to do so.  Think twice before reserving a space in your heart for people who do not make an effort to stay.
  3. Making one person smile can change the world – maybe not the whole world, but their world.
So 6, 7, 8 so far.... PLUS: 

  1. Don’t choose the one who is beautiful to the world; choose the one who makes your world beautiful.
  2. True love isn’t about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated.
  3. There isn’t anything noble about being superior to another person.  True nobility is in being superior to the person you once were.
  4. Anyone can come into your life and say how much they love you.  It takes someone really special to stay in your life and show how much they love you.
  5. Learn to love yourself first, instead of loving the idea of other people loving you.
  6. The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention. (NOT TO BRAG, but I assisted TWO elderly women this week, both of whom were struggling/stuck in the thick Canadian snow! The first didn't say thank you, but I still felt super; the second women's pants fell down while attempting to move the immovable walker through sludge. I held her coat and walker, and just lifted the pants so she didn't have to reach down. Woman to woman, baby! Thats all apart of the glory)
  7. There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go
  8. AND FINALLY.... If you don’t like something, change it.  If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. (easier said than done, but you catch my drift.. speak up, kindly!)
Love,
Dorothy

Click 4 Link Here:
http://www.marcandangel.com/2012/06/08/60-quotes-change-the-way-you-think/

No comments:

Post a Comment