Friday 27 November 2015

REAL TALK

***REAL TALK:
TO ALL MEN AND WOMEN, YOUNGish, YOUNGER OR OLD, OLD-ER, LISTEN UP***
I'd like to bring your attention to a public health concern-- and I think you all already know what I am about to speak of:
Mental Illness but also Physical AND Verbal abuse. (For the record this is not due to any personal sufferings, I am an outlet for many individuals and it's killing me how often this is happening again) SO WHY NOT TRY AND REACH OUT TO WHO I CAN ON HERE: MAYBE YOU'LL SHARE. MAYBE YOU'LL TRY AND UNDERSTAND. HOPE ‪#‎HoldOnPainEnds‬
It has become readily apparent to me that people are struggling, the winter has come upon us, Christmas/The Holidays are coming and I understand for many that is not the most joyous of times. People have lost their loved ones whether that be a close friend, relative, parent, or maybe you just feel lost in your head/soul because that exists too. Maybe your relationship isn't what it was... You're fighting or you're just feeling like the world is sitting on your shoulders...
Although there is a plethora of new information, studies, articles, ted talks, speeches, mantras, quote snaps, stories of ABSOLUTE devastation whether across the world or in your neighbourhood, THE WORDS and the TREATMENT to those individuals of a Mental illness or humans in general is NOT WORKING. More than ever before I've heard stories of people tearing people apart using their deepest pains; tearing them apart literally till they crumble...to what? To make them feel less than they already feel USING their vulnerabilities? Does that feel good? Do you go to bed feeling like "YA I TOLD HER/HIM" How about after that?
I don't expect anyone to treat me differently. I don't expect anyone to be extra kind or sensitive around me because it's not your issue to deal with, it's mine. But the MINUTE you feel it necessary to "poke the bear" you have another coming for you and I'm not talking about any sort of text threat. Words hit us like contractions. They do things to our mind that for many it's difficult to comprehend unless it's happened to you. Unless you've been there.
***This is going to be an intense line but I am not afraid of directly putting this out there anymore*******: Do YOU know how often people have suicidal thoughts? Especially around the holiday season? Do you know what it feels like to sit there paralyzed in fear of your own mind? Telling you you're not good enough, or here we go again, lets take a walk down this slippery slope...Do you know what it feels like to contemplate your life for hours on your mind? For us it's the only control we have. You just pray that person reaches out and to those of you who have, I thank you immensely for trusting me. Do you know what it feels like to sit in bed or say maybe a dark bathroom (personal experiences) and cry like you've lost all your family but you're just so scared? You don't know what to say or what to do anymore... YOU'RE NOT ALONE.
MENTAL ILLNESS is JUST as important and real as a physical illness. Anxiety and Depression DO EXIST and while you may not be able to see it in our everyday fake smiles the feels are THERE. THE FEELS ARE REAL.
I think it's a shame how easily forget that people are suffering a thousand different things in their head- school, children, a job, family, themselves. This doesn't mean you walk on eggs shells "in your own home" but it does mean that if you genuinely love or care for somebody you can't TRY TO BE PATIENT, BE COMPASSIONATE.
TRY AND UNDERSTAND WE HAVE A WAR GOING INSIDE OUR HEADS. Please do not yell things at us and expect us to get up and move like we were kindly told to put the dishes away. When we feel pain it lingers and it burns and burns... The pain can be excruciating or it can be mild, but what risk are you willing to take?
MEN AND WOMEN: I GET WE GET HEATED BUT PHYSICALLY TOUCHING A FEMALE IS NOT OK IN ANY DEGREE. ITS DISGUSTING THIS BEHAVIOUR STILL EXISTS SO CLOSE TO MY HEART. Nothing makes my heart break more than the stories of my friends whose boyfriends or husbands have not only scarred them emotionally but physically. IT'S NEVER OK.
SAME GOES FOR US WOMEN, DON'T THINK WE CAN HIT MEN UNLESS WARRANTED (self defence) I get angry too. But get a punching bag. A therapist..
QUITE the long Friday post but I really hope I capture some people's attention in reading this because it is so gosh darn critical and I can't save the world, but I can try and reason with the Facebook World, no?
If this resonates or even triggers someone please message me. I am here to listen completely and totally non judgmentally. I mean lets be honest, who the hell am I to judge? I'm also pretty up to date on my Ethical Codes of Conduct so ..‪#‎bragging‬...
Love
Dorothy Colleen


No comments:

Post a Comment