Friday 22 August 2014

I love little coincidences like this!



I just picked up a book the other day called "What Happy Women Know" by Dan Baker and Cathy Greenberg to get myself back into the routine of reading, and why not read something relative to my situation? The book, thus far, sheds light and perspective on "new findings" that they believe can change women's lives for the better. Moreover, the book is delivered through a psychological lens, which for my case, is easily comprehended and only intrigues me more and more! 

Anyways, the coincidence of this particular excerpt that I found to be quite interesting, and a bit symbolic, is the comparison of Dorothy from Oz who "couldn't get home until she accepted herself for who she really was". My real name is Dorothy, as is my mother's, her mother, my boyfriends grandmother, need I say more? While some may find this to be a bit ridiculous, keep in mind that, I cling onto any glimmer of hope I can. Because it works. Dorothy from Oz and Dorothy from Ontario (me) have a pretty big issue in common; until I learn to accept myself for who I am, or see the good in myself versus the bad, I can make it 'home'. 

Another food for thought! 

Ciao for now! 
Colleen 

No comments:

Post a Comment