Thursday 30 June 2016

SickNotWeakStock


Holy miraculous.

If there's ever any advice I can seriously give someone it's this: be careful what you wish for; ask and you shall receive if you're willing to believe. 

YOU HAVE to have faith in something, SOMETHING (nothing doesn't work) yourself, gut, karma... and have a gallon of self confidence on the side ready to pull out at ANYTIME. 

If it wasn't enough this year to be surprised getting into Miss Universe Canada, I just had a phone call yesterday that has made my mind spin. "Hi Diana it's Colleen!...oh I heard a beep." "HI Colleen! It's Michael (Landsberg)" ...interviews are sneaky these days.. 

To some it's nothing, to others it's something, to me ITS EVERYTHING. 

So SickNotWeak is an organization created by Michael Landsberg; runs his own sports show off the record, used to be the face of TSN. Suffers from depression like I do. And last week or the week before I had the chance to go to an event they put together last minute for a very important cause- 5 youth suicides in Woodstock. 

While there Michael made an announcement about getting people involved with SNW, and I was all ears. Ironically I happen to go to Fanshawe's Woodstock campus (I commute, just an FYI) so I started thinking and thinking and finally I sent the guy a tweet....

"@heyitsmichaellandsberg you said you'd give me your email. I want to be involved." And he directly messaged me. We exchanged emails and I told him about myself, my visions, my solutions, my dreams... 

ANYWAYS. He set me up with the wonderful Diana Davis and so she sent me this phone number to call for 11:00 am. No problem. 

..."is this Colleen?" "Well hello Michael!" "You sound even more congenial on the phone." #MissCongeniality 

I want to share and heal through experiences boldly using my voice and stories to provide relativity, normalcy, de-stigmatize....

I don't know a whole lot yet except that I will be a team lead and likely for public speaking- if you thought I was done I told you I was JUST getting Started. 

Thanks to everyone who is currently in my life making it everything and more, I am shooting for the stars and I'm unstoppable -WHAT IS THIS LIFE? 

Whoever said you can't go after you want was a total liar. How rude. 

So, don't give up. 
Don't quit.
We need you. I want to see your emails in the volunteer inbox. It's time my friends! 

Remember you're worthy and you're loved and you're so not alone 

Xo
Dorothy 





No comments:

Post a Comment