Saturday 8 November 2014

It's Only Temporary


In the summer I took a psychology course, which I absolutely loved (shocker!) But on the first day of class, after the introduction of course material etc. the discussion of dissonance really hit home for me. You see, humans need closure as we perceive wholes as opposed to fragments in order to complete the circle (shall we say). For example, one's experience can be portrayed through the pain we feel as a result of an abrupt ending in a relationship. 
I know I have experienced that type of pain and sadness before, as I was just left wondering; wondering how or why this was happening to me. Nevertheless, every one has their own view or perception of how to handle certain situations, which by no means is wrong, it's just not right. It seems to be human nature to finish what we start and if it is not finished, we experience dissonance. 

So don't be afraid to reach out or ask for help. At the end of the day, what do you have to lose? Heck, I'm on attempt #3 or 4 to try to attempt reconciling an event in my life that has caused a great deal of grief, guilt, shame and overall darkness. But I won't give up. This is my life and I only have 1 shot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment