Wednesday 26 August 2015

TEXTBOOKS!

It's that time of year again, which is unfamiliar to me! I'm so used to doing school all year round it's hard to believe I'm going back. Nonetheless, this time around I couldn't be more...excited? Nervous? Grateful?

To this day there's a voice inside me that doubts the next steps I've decided to take, which is going back to school for 3 years so I can get some certification, get into the education/mental health services already!  

I've already recieved my textbooks, I'm reading one already called "Kids Are Worth it!" By Barbara Coloroso. After the introduction which I posted to my Instagram, the first page read two quotes. Two quotes that just so happen to define exactly why I'm here

I have experienced and witnessed teachers who tell me to believe in something and I simply believe them because they're my teachers! They are my mentors. Like Mr. G from Oakville Traflagar High School who told me I couldn't write an essay for the life of me and I wouldn't make it anywhere, particularly university with skills like that. And I believed it for sure, I was 17. 

But now I will no longer simply stand there and take the respected opinions of my teachers, as personally 8/10 teachers through my entire primary, elementary, middle and high school years ruined my confidence. But they are teachers, their job does not entail taking care of my social emotional issues. The only place I felt I was good enough was on a field, in gym clothes, running, and when my ex at the time out my name in his MSN name. 

I had no goals, no ambitions, to be perfectly honest I don't even know what I was thinking but it wasn't ever about me or what's best for me. I didn't know how to take care of myself so like any teenager I annihilated myself and made everything worse. 

Present day I'm sober, I can write like a machine, I'm confident in all places and don't need anyone telling me otherwise cause guess what? I'm in control of this head! And it's on straight! 

Thank you Buddha for proving to me once again I'm on the right path: "You have come here to find what you already have" THATS IT! I HAVE THE SKILLS! I just need them to be tweaked and put into perspective. I was too busy living other people's lives and problems I didn't think about my own. But now I do and I'm ready. 

DOROTHY'S COMING FOR YA KIDS!( In the least creepy way FYI) together we will resist and defend those who can't defend their own. Time to unite. Time to stand up, time to speak up. 

Love, 
Dorothy 

No comments:

Post a Comment